MBA in BIMM, Pune
MBA Colleges in Pune » BIMM
The Balaji Institute of Modern Management is one of the leading B-Schools in India today. The PGPM or the MBA in BIMM, Pune is one of the only courses offered in the country that has certain special programmes designed excursively for engineers.
(BIMM) was incepted in 2002 by the honorary Sri Balaji Society (SBS). SBS is a charitable trust founded in accordance with The Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 that comprises of almost around 11 autonomous management Institutes and Colleges under its umbrella. The SBS managed institutes offer various under-graduate and post-graduate courses in almost all the leading educational fields like arts, commerce, science, law and management. Today, SBS is almost like a big university in itself. BIMM is one among the various institutions established and managed by the Sri Balaji Society.
BIMM has grown leaps and bounds in a very short span of time. The fact that it is already ranked among the top Indian B-Schools today, just within a decade from its inception itself carves the institute's success story. The long list of impressive rankings that the B-School has received is a true reflection of BIMM's premier position amongst top B-Schools in India. Most importantly, all the appreciation and ratings that the institute received, have come from some of the most prestigious and highly-acclaimed media and management houses like the Wall-Street Journal, Business India, DNA, Mint etc.
Some of BIMM's most remarkable achievements include:
- Bagged the J. J. Irani Award for Best B-School 2009
- Won the 'Best B-School Award in Marketing in Western Region from DNA, Impact - 2009
- Declared as the best B-School in India in 2003 by the 'World HRD Congress'
- Ranked the top-most(1st rank) B-School in Pune. (Source: The Telegraph, 24th Aug, 2008. )
- Won the Best B-School Award by 'Deccan Herald' - 2005
- Ranked 5th for 'Marketing Management' in India. (Source: Business India, Oct 17, 2010)
- Listed amongst top 10 Private B-School in India. (Source: Wall Street Journal (USA) - Oct, 2009)
- Listed among the top 10 Private B-School in the country. (Source: Open - C - Fore B-School Survey - Sept, 2009)
- Ranked 13th (Source: Business Barons Magazine B-School Survey - Oct, 2009)
- Ranked among the top 13 private B-Schools in India ('Outlook' 17, September, 2007).
- Rated as as an A++ Grade B-School in India ('Business India' - October 22, 2006).
- Listed among the Top 10 New B-Schools in India. (Business World)
- Listed among Top 11 B-Schools in India. (Source: 'Mint' - Exclusive partner The Wall Street Journal, Sep, 2008.)
- Listed among the top 13 private B-Schools in India ('Outlook' 17, September, 2007)
- Rated as an A++ Grade B-School in India ('Business India' - October 22, 2006).
- Ranked among the top 15 private B-Schools in India ('Outlook' 18, September, 2006)
- Listed amongst the top 10 new B-Schools in India ('Business World', September 2003)
The institute offers Post-Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM)(MBA) programmes in International Business Management and Marketing, Finance and Financial Services, Operations and Supply Chain Management including Logistics and Systems.
- PGDM (Executive Batch)
- PGDM (Information Technology & Marketing)
- PGDM (Personnel Management & Human Resource Development)
All the courses offered in BIMM are autonomous management programmes approved and recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education, (AICTE) New Delhi.
All the courses offered in BIMM are two year full-time programmes.
As per the guidelines set by the Sri Balaji Society, there is a single common application form available in order to register for admission to any of SBS institutes . This offers students the flexibility to choose from any one of the four institutes or they even have the option to choose all of them. Depending on the candidates' result and the subsequent cut-off mark list for the four institutes, they are then offered admission in the concerned institute matching their results. In case the candidate has not opted for an institute or course he/she will not be considered for the same while preparing the merit list. The total number of vacancies available in the fours institutes put together, are 1020. The concerned number of seats and course available for pursuing MBA in BIMM, Pune are as follows:-
PGDM (IT & Marketing)-120
PGDM (PM & HRD) - 60
PGDM (Executive) - 60.
PGDM - Executive Batch (Full Time)
- A Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks in (45% for reserved category) AND
- A full-time work experience of 3 to 5 years in the related field of management(sales, marketing, human resource, finance, operations, systems and others) in the industry are eligible to apply.
- A Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% marks in (45% for reserved category) can apply. However candidates with prior industrial experience (full-time) in the relevant field and who have higher percentage of marks will be awarded additional marks.
- Applicants appearing for any final year degree examination can also apply, provided they are able to produce their graduation mark sheets at the time of admission.
PGDM (Information Technology & Marketing)
Only engineers are eligible to take admission to this course. As a result, any candidate who aspires to seek admission to this course needs to possess an engineering degree along with the common eligibility conditions mentioned above for the PGDM course
Note:- This unique programme also offers SAP training to the interested candidates at a very nominal fee.
PGDM (Personnel Management & Human Resource Development)
The eligibility criteria for this course is the same as the PGDM programme. However, note that 50% of the seats in this course are reserved for engineers.
All the SBS B-Schools including BIMM are located in the same campus and provide the best state-of-the-art residential facilities.
Balaji Institute of Modern Management
S. No. 55/2-7, Tathawade,
Off Mumbai-Bangalore bypass, Pune - 411 033
Tel.: +91-20-66741249, 66741250
Telefax : +91-20-66741242
Contact Person: Mr. R S Sinha
For New Admissions:
Director (IT & Professor In-Charge Admissions)
Tel.: +91 (020) 66741235/ 36
Fax: +91 (020) 66741234
Regarded among the top B-schools in the country, pursuing MBA in BIMM, Pune is a dream come true for many aspiring candidates all across the nation, and this city is living up to it's sobriquet of the Oxford of the East.